The South Korean drama Cheer Up has just successfully closed its last episode. Following this success, Jang Gyuri revealed her feelings in an interview. Quoting from Allkpop on Wednesday December 14, 2022, when asked how she got the role of Cho Hee, the former girl group member fromis_9 admitted that she received an offer directly from the director after seeing her appearance on a YouTube series. 

"The director told me that he saw my appearance on the YouTube series 'Workman'. He said he enjoyed the episode. Especially the acrostic word play that I did," said Jang Gyuri. As many people know, Jang Gyuri left his career as a K-Pop idol by leaving the fromis_9 group and the agency that overshadowed him, Pledis Entertainment in July 2022. 

Regarding this, Jang Gyuri confessed, "This is a dream that I have always kept in my heart. I'm sure many people are asking why I gave up my career as a K-Pop idol, even though I could carry out both activities simultaneously, being an actress and doing promote with the group." She continued, "I think becoming an actress is an old dream that I've always wanted to fulfill with all my heart. 

I feel that I have certain limitations to balance the two. Personally, I'm not sure I can do both activities simultaneously." "The other fromis_9 members are also doing their activities well, and we've been through difficult times together. So, I think now is the time for me to try to pursue my dream," he added.

Finally, Jang Gyuri expressed her feelings for the members of fromis_9, sharing, "There are many occasions where I want to apologize to the members because of the double career that I have. In particular, when I had to be absent from rehearsals because I had to follow the shooting schedule for the drama ' Cheers Up'."

"At that time, we were busy preparing for the comeback and also the fan meeting. Even though I had tried to do my best, I felt myself being left behind," he added. "I feel sorry for the other members who have worked hard, and I'm afraid that I'm hindering their careers. 

Recently I met them at the salon to do make-up and hair styling. They also often call me and say that they watch my drama," concluded Jang Gyuri. That was the summary of the interview with Jang Gyuri regarding his role in the drama 'Cheer Up' and the main reason for leaving the fromis_9 group.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post