The JMS cult in South Korea is currently in the spotlight after appearing in the Netflix documentary, In the Name of God: A Holy Betrayal. DKZ member, Kyoungyoon , admitted his involvement with the cult. In the Name of God: A Holy Betrayal, is a documentary series that exposes the leaders of heretical cults and their horrific practices. 

One of the cults discussed in this series is JMS Providence which is also known as the Christian Gospel Mission. The cult was founded by Jung Myung Seok, who is currently on trial for sexual assault allegations. In practice, he exploits young female followers. Due to the furor over the documentary, a list of addresses allegedly affiliated with the JMS cult began circulating online. 

One of them is the cafe run by Kyungyoon's parents. In an interview with Dispatch, Kyoungyoon also shared details of his involvement with JMS and apologized. Kyoungyoon admitted that he was born to parents who were members of JMS from the start. "To be honest, I don't have the right to choose a religion. Because my family adheres to that belief, I have no comparison," explained Kyungyoon. 

Jung Myung Seok, in one of his services, called himself the messiah. Even though he didn't believe it at first, Kyungyoon felt like he was brainwashed and believed it. Especially when he was in elementary school, his mother believed in Jung Myung Seok's teachings even more after Kyoungyoon recovered from his illness. At that time, a number of priests came to him and prayed for his recovery. 

"When I was in second grade, there was fluid on my brain. I couldn't eat anything and kept throwing up. A group of priests came from far away to pray for me. Three days later, I went for surgery but they said there was nothing wrong with my brain. After That, I think my mother increasingly believes that her beliefs are not wrong," he continued. 

"But isn't what happened to me an illness that got better over time? It's just that the time was right. When I think about it now I feel stupid," Kyoungyoon said. Kyungyoon emphasized that while he was an idol he had never spread that belief. He also admitted that he had left JMS. "I swear I never spread it. Those closest to me are my members and fans. I have never even talked about JMS to them. 

If I have, I have no reason to stay in DKZ. I can't possibly dare to face my fans," he said firmly. "Isn't it a relief that I'm not famous yet? I thought that if I was more famous, I could be used as a tool for their propaganda. This is really terrible. Even though it's too late, I have now left the church. I no longer follow their teachings. Now there is no JMS, " Kyoungyeon concluded.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post