Who doesn't know YG Entertainment's girl group, BLACKPINK. The group, which consists of four girls, Kim Jennie, Kim Jisoo, Rose, and Lisa, is known as a multi-talent group with distinctive music that is full of meaning. Apart from having music that is suitable for dancing and has a love theme, BLACKPINK also has singles that have meaning in life and provide encouragement for their listeners.

BLACKPINK's song " You Never Know " is an inspiring song and has a deep message. This song is the eighth and final track on BLACKPINK's 2020 studio album entitled 'The Album'. This music carries a motivational message about pursuing dreams, no matter how big the obstacles you face, you have to keep trying to get through them.

The main message implied by the lyrics of 'You Never Know' is that no one can judge you except yourself because no one really knows how hard your life journey feels and how hard it is. Because other people only see the outside, without seeing how you struggle.

This is in line with the lyrics, “But you'll never know unless you walk in my shoes // You'll never know, my tangled strings // 'Cause everybody sees what they wanna see // It's easier to judge me than to believe. ” Which means “But you'll never know unless you walk in my shoes (in my shoes) // You'll never know, my tangled rope (life's twists and turns) // Because everyone sees what they want to see // It's easier to judge me than to believe.”

The lyrics are very touching and it is even true what is written that other people are quicker to blaspheme without knowing what is really happening. They are just people who are jealous of your life, because they can't live like you. Even if you keep doing whatever you like, you will find success and they will no longer talk about you and put you down again.

This is also stated in the lyrics "The more I do, I'm a shine, baby // You know they ain't got a shot on me." This also has a cool meaning, namely "The more I do, the more I shine, baby // You know they don't have a chance to attack me.” Musically, this song is different from other BLACKPINK main songs which are usually covered in the EDM genre. 

"You Never Know" is more of a ballad and highlights the singing abilities of BLACKPINK members with a minimalist but emotional arrangement, which allows the song's message to be conveyed more deeply. So, keep being you, do whatever you want to do and ignore all the negative things they say to you.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post