South Korean actor, Jung Hae In shared his thoughts on the challenges of the romantic comedy genre for the first time since his debut. He will star in 'Love Next Door' which is scheduled to premiere on August 17, 2024. 

'Love Next Door' is a romantic comedy drama full of twists and turns about a woman trying to restart her life full of shortcomings and the dark history she once lived. Jung Hae In plays Choi Seung Hyo, a perfect son with outstanding looks, personality, and abilities. He is the head of an architectural firm and a young architect in the spotlight. 

On August 14, 2024, a press conference for tvN's Saturday-Sunday drama 'Love Next Door' was held and attended by director Yoo Je Won and its cast Jung Hae In, Jung So Min, Kim Ji Eun, and Yoon Ji On. Jung Hae In said, "I'm now playing a real romantic comedy, but I was nervous at first."

"As usual, I had to face challenges, and I was scared and overwhelmed by the new challenges, but I think I was able to quickly blend into the set and get along with everyone thanks to the help of the director, writer, and Jung So Min."

He was then asked about the differences between the drama and Jung Hae In's typical melodramas 'Something in the Rain' and 'One Spring Night'. He said, "The melodramas in both works should have lyrical and dark parts, but there is no difference."

Jung Hae In continued, “But this time, there was a lot of comedy, so I laughed so hard while filming that I wondered if I had ever laughed this much on set.” "Even though I didn't try to make it funny, the situation itself was funny, so I filmed while thanking the writer who wrote the situation and the script," he added.

In addition, regarding polite adjectives such as 'mother's friend's child' attached to him, Jung Hae In said with a smile, "I won't deny it." He then said, "I think Seung Hyo and I have a 99% synchronization rate. I hope Seok Ryu (Jung So Min) will complete the remaining 1 point."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post