One of the stars of the three highest-grossing films of all time looks set to make a move behind the scenes as a director. In a discussion at the Toronto International Film Festival, Zoe Saldana expressed her desire to direct an action film. Even though Zoe Saldana has never been directly involved as a director or writer, it seems she already has an idea of ​​the kind of film she wants to make.

" I've never seen a woman direct a James Bond movie. I'm a big fan of action movies, and of course I'm also a big fan of independent cinema. I love movies like The Equalizer. That's what I usually watch, crime shows ," Zoe Saldana said, as quoted by Collider on Wednesday September 11, 2024.

She added, " So maybe in the future, I'm interested in the heist theme. That's the type of film I need to watch at least once a year to analyze, see how the whole film is put together and how the actors carry it out ," " I'd like to start with a heist action film, but I don't want to limit myself.

I feel like I can do anything, like Ang Lee did Sense and Sensibility. So maybe one day I can do a Jane Austen-esque film. Who knows, right? " she concluded. Following Daniel Craig's departure in No Time to Die , the James Bond franchise is sure to be rebooted with a new actor. 

Most likely they will choose someone with more directorial experience. But if there is a chance for a debut director on the big screen, Zoe Saldana's experience in action films and big franchises could make her the right candidate to work on a James Bond film.

Zoe Saldana is currently the second-highest-grossing movie star at the global box office of all time with over $9.1 billion, while Scarlett Johansson is at the top with $9.2 billion. Throughout her career as a top actress, she played the character Neytiri in James Cameron's two Avatar films , as Gamora in the Guardians of the Galaxy trilogy, and in Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post