Seunghan, a member of the South Korean boy group RIIZE, has made a surprising decision to leave the group permanently. This announcement was made by Wizard Production, a division of SM Entertainment responsible for RIIZE's management.

The decision comes just two days after the announcement that Seunghan would be making a comeback after almost a year of hiatus. In the letter he shared, Seunghan revealed that he had been reflecting on his position in the group. 

"I know that many people are taking the issue of my return to activities seriously, and I also realize how serious the current situation is," Seunghan said at the beginning of his statement, quoted by Soompi, Monday, on October 14, 2024. 

Seunghan also said that this decision had been carefully considered.  “After reflecting deeply on whether I have only been thinking about myself, whether I have caused too much harm to the members and the company, and whether it is really okay for me to be a part of RIIZE which should be loved, I only feel worry and regret,” he said. 

He further said that making this decision was not easy. However, according to Seunghan, this is the right step for the good of all parties. “I don’t want to hurt or confuse the fans any more, and I don’t want to hurt the members any more, and I don’t want to hurt the company any more,” he said. 

Not forgetting, Seunghan also thanked the agency and other members who gave him a second chance. "I would like to thank the company and the members, who have tried to give me another chance," he said. Seunghan also apologized to fans, who have given him support despite many shortcomings.

Despite having to leave RIIZE, Seunghan stated that he will always support the group he loves. He hopes that the relationship between RIIZE and their fans, BRIIZE, will remain well maintained. "I really don't want RIIZE and BRIIZE's relationship, which grew together while supporting each other, to be damaged because of me," he concluded. 

Seunghan himself debuted as a member of RIIZE in September 2023, but suddenly announced a hiatus two months later, due to mental stress. His decision to leave the group was admitted by Seunghan, in order to maintain the harmony and happiness of all parties involved.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post