TVXQ's U-Know Yunho recently discussed the strict rules many second-generation K-Pop idols face. On an episode of JTBC's Knowing Bros, he revealed that phone bans and dating bans are common, though he also admitted that persistent idols still find a way to meet up.

In the conversation, Yunho explained that during the second generation, many trainees and idols had their phones confiscated. "Starting with the second generation, our phones were taken away. It was meant to help us focus during practice," he said.

He also recalled that dating bans were quite common back then. "There were dating bans, too. Everyone dealt with it in their own way, but if you were dating secretly and got caught, your phone would be taken away. We came from the 16-tone ringtone generation," he added.

When the conversation turned to whether idols could still date despite the rule, Yunho replied with a smile, “You can still find a way to meet.” Host Lee Soo Geun jokingly added, “Even during wartime, people still have children.”

The discussion then turned to how idol culture has evolved across generations. When asked about dating, BOYNEXTDOOR's Myung Jaehyun jokingly replied, "I have about two million girlfriends. They're ONEDOOR," referring to the BOYNEXTDOOR fandom. 

Yunho responded with equal enthusiasm, "I have Cassiopeia," referring to TVXQ's fan club. Meanwhile, BTOB's Seo Eunkwang explained that his generation had fewer formal restrictions. "I think I'm somewhere between the second and third generation. 

I have a phone, but we're just asked not to bring it to the broadcasting station. It's not a contractual rule, just an agreement," he said. Oh My Girl 's Hyojung revealed that the rules were even stricter when she was a trainee. "Back then, we weren't allowed to have phones at all. 

I couldn't open a phone account for three years, so we just used email. That's how we kept in touch," she revealed. Myung Jaehyun added that the rules for new idols are more relaxed these days. "We're trusted to manage ourselves. We just don't bring phones to broadcast stations," he said.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post