Production house Studio Dragon has officially confirmed the start of production on the Korean drama " High School Queen," adapted from the popular webtoon. According to Soompi on Friday, July 31, 2026, Kim Se Jeong has been cast as the lead alongside Bae Hyeon Seong and Cho Han Gyul.

"Studio Dragon is starting production on High School Queen, a refreshing action romance that incorporates a new premise, a Joseon Empress teaching a lesson to a 21st-century villain," Studio Dragon wrote in its official announcement.

High School Queen is an action-romance drama with a blend of historical and modern settings. The story follows Kim Chung Ha, the strongest warrior and Empress of Joseon, who awakens 400 years later in the body of a bullied high school student named Kim Da Jin.

Kim Se Jeong, who plays the character Chung Ha, will use her queenly authority and fighting skills to take action against perpetrators of school violence. "I feel like this character embodies all the diverse sides of the roles I've played, so I'm preparing for it with enthusiasm and a sense of responsibility. 

Because this is a project that emphasizes the character's storyline and the tension in each episode, I'm practicing hard, including acting and action scenes," said Kim Se Jeong.

She also promised to deliver a top-notch performance to bring excitement to the audience. Combining elements of fantasy, action, romance, and the social issue of school bullying, this drama is one of the latest projects worth anticipating.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post