Actor Matthew Macfadyen  openly admitted his feelings when he starred in the popular romantic drama film Pride & Prejudice which aired in 2005. Macfadyen, who plays Mr. Darcy, honestly admitted that he did not really enjoy his time during the filming process for the film.

He revealed this when he was invited to be a guest star on CBS Mornings on Tuesday July 23, 2024. "No, not really," he said, "I feel bad saying this. There were times when I had fun, but I wish I had enjoyed it more. I wish I had worried less," the actor said.

The British actor was chosen to be Keira Knightley's co-star in the 2005 version of Pride & Prejudice. He, as Mr. Darcy, is said to fall in love with the character played by Knightley, named Elizabeth "Lizzy" Bennet. However, Mr. Darcy is depicted as a less expressive man, especially when he finds out that Lizzy hates him.

Pride & Prejudice is an all-time public favorite romantic drama film with claims that the chemistry between the two main characters is very prominent. On the other hand, Macfadyen felt he was not the right actor to play Mr. Darcy. He actually felt he was "not handsome enough" to bring the character to life.

"I felt a bit miscast. I wasn't attractive enough, but it worked," said Matthew Macfadyen. Pride & Prejudice is almost entering its 20th year in 2025. However, Macfadyen feels that he does not mind if the image of Mr. Darcy is still strongly attached to him.

"I don't think I'm aging that badly," he added when fans still thought of him as Mr. Darcy. Pride & Prejudice is a film adaptation of the novel of the same title by Jane Austen which was first published in 1813. The novel was previously adapted into a series, namely in 1995 with Jennifer Ehle as Elizabeth Bennet and Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post