The Victoria's Secret fashion show finally returned after a six-year hiatus. Previously, the lingerie parade had to be temporarily stopped due to various controversies. Therefore, this event was quite anticipated by fans, including the presence of Tyra Banks as the host.

Tyra Banks also returned to walk at the 2024 Victoria's Secret Show after 20 years of retirement as an 'angel'. At the age of 50, the woman proved that she still deserves to be called a supermodel. In the event held on Tuesday, October 15, 2024 in New York, USA, Tyra appeared as a drama that made the audience and fellow models cheer.

In the VS Show, Tyra appeared with other models who had shown off lingerie. The mother of one emerged from below and posed in a sparkling black suit combined with a robe. Her appearance was made more dramatic by her afro hairstyle and diamond earrings. 

As she walked, Tyra also recalled her glory days as a model in the 90s and 2000s. Previously, Tyra admitted that she was happy that the fashion show could return and she participated. The America's Next Top Model presenter also made it even more anticipated.

"It's crazy to be back on the Victoria's Secret runway. I mean, I'm crying but I'm crying tears of joy. I never imagined I'd be back on this runway, honestly. I remember what it was like 19 years ago and I was like, 'This is it.' And I remember all the media saying, 'Tyra's last show,'" Tyra said in a TikTok video.

Tyra Banks first walked for the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in 1996. She continued to walk for the show until 2005 before focusing on television. Her figure is legendary because Tyra was the first black model to appear there.

"For 10 years starting in 1995, I was the first Victoria's Secret contract model. The first Victoria's Secret cover model. The first black model to do groundbreaking things with the brand and other brands," she recalled, now happy to see more black models.

"I retired from the runway 16 years ago and I'm proud of my life. I witnessed a beauty revolution. For the new cool model scouts, I may have opened the door but you walked in. Keep going until we lose count of the number of breakthroughs behind you," Tyra wrote on Instagram in 2021.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post