South Korean actor Nam Joo Hyuk expressed his views on the school violence controversy that emerged before he began his military service in an interview held on July 21, 2026 at a cafe in Jongno-gu, Seoul.

Nam Joo Hyuk, who enlisted in the military in March 2023 and is scheduled to be discharged in September 2024, shared his experiences during his military service. He stated, "I naturally have a positive personality. 

When faced with any situation, I try to adapt quickly. I strive to adapt no matter what environment I'm in. If the environment can't be changed, I think adapting quickly to the situation will help me grow." 

He also revealed that he wasn't worried about being forgotten during his service. "While adapting, I found joy. Instead of feeling stressed, I just focused on how challenging the training would be that day or the next. I went through each day like that," he recalled. 

When asked about the controversy that arose before his enlistment, Nam Joo Hyuk cautiously revealed that he was monitoring the clarification process regarding the issue. In June 2022, he was accused of involvement in school violence. 

Although his agency denied the accusations, calling them "completely groundless," and in 2024, the court ruled to fine the plaintiff 7 million won for defamation due to false claims, the stigma of "school violence" remains attached to him.

Nam Joo Hyuk admitted that although the allegations have not been definitively resolved, he took a break during  his military service to go through the process. "The facts are currently being clarified. I am observing carefully and calmly going through this process. 

It's difficult to discuss the details here," he said. When asked why he didn't make a big deal out of clarifying the controversy, he replied, "I'm not the type to show off or attract attention; I just let time pass naturally. 

The court's ruling has been made, and the facts are being established." Regarding the pressure he felt returning to acting amidst the controversy, Nam Joo Hyuk said, “I feel pressured every time I film a project. 

Each time, I approach it with the mindset that I have to do my best. It’s hard to say that this time is different. I always put my heart into every project, and I will continue to do so. I hope the moment to enjoy good work will come soon.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post