JYP Entertainment announced that Gunil, drummer and leader, had left the band Xdinary Heroes on Thursday, August 13, 2026. This news was revealed several days after a rumor circulated linking Gunil's name.

"Regarding the issue with Gunil, our agency is aware of the situation and has discussed it with the artist. As a result, we determined it was impossible for her to continue group activities and have decided to terminate her exclusive contract. 

We would like to inform you that as of today, Gunil has withdrawn from Xdinary Heroes and will be concluding her activities with the group," JYP Entertainment stated. That same day, Gunil posted on a fan platform that would be her final statement in the group. 

He admitted that he had indeed insulted some of their fans, as the recordings had shown. "I made inappropriate remarks to fans in a phone call that became public. Whatever my reasons were (at the time), it doesn't change the fact that those words came from me. 

I apologize to those who were disappointed by my words," Gunil wrote. The circulating recording is believed to have been spread by someone who had been in a relationship with Gunil for several weeks.

"At that time, I felt mentally exhausted from the negative comments and rumors about me. I felt more comfortable sharing my worries with strangers I didn't know well than with those close to me. 

As the leader and oldest member, I had to strengthen myself," he said. Gunil also used the opportunity to call out sasaeng fans, a term used to describe fans obsessed with his privacy. He even revealed that sasaeng fans had tried to break into her home.

"I realize my apology sounds more like an excuse. After all, I never meant it for the Villains I love and care about," Gunil continued. "I wanted to stay but decided to respect the agency's decision," he concluded.

Xdinary Heroes debuted in December 2021 with six members: Gunil, Jooyeon, Jungsu, Gaon, Jun Han, and O.de. They were set to hold their latest fan meeting and planned to perform at several festivals, but these were canceled after Gunil left the band.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post