Byeon Woo Seok recently discussed the character Ryu Sun Jae he plays in the Korean drama ' Lovely Runner '. In the drama, it is told that Sun Jae only loved one girl, Im Sol (played by Kim Hye Yoon) for 15 years. Interestingly, the actor admitted that he related to this story.

"There are many people around me who have been in long-term relationships, like 20 years or 15 years. So, loving someone for a long time is not something strange for me, and I can understand it," said Byeon Woo Seok as quoted by KBIZoom June 6, 2024.

After reading the script for 'Lovely Runner', Byeon Woo Seok admitted that he was immediately interested in playing this character. “From the first time I read the script, it really touched my heart, and I wanted to do it, no matter what,” he said.

Considering that the drama features a long timeline, starting from 2008, 2009 to 2023, Byeon Woo Seok had to portray various emotions. “The focus when playing Sun Jae was to show the emotions that Sun Jae has had since he stopped swimming.  "I think if the emotions are portrayed well, the feelings towards Sol will be understood well," he said. 

Furthermore, Byeon Woo Seok also said that he tried hard to immerse himself in the character of Sun Jae. He also revealed the differences between himself and Sun Jae. “I tend to immerse myself in something completely, whether it's work or something else. 

Sun Jae is awkward in expressing himself, but I'm not," said Byeon Woo Seok. He continued, “Sun Jae loves Sol to death, but I've never experienced that. If a situation like that arose, I might think about it, but realistically, I don't know.” Meanwhile, 'Lovely Runner' tells the story of a fangirl named Im Sol who is devastated by the death of her idol, Ryu Sun Jae. 

When she is feeling down, Im Sol is thrown back into the past and intends to change her fate and save her idol. This drama received a positive response and extraordinary popularity, which helped make the names of the main actors famous not only in Korea, but also throughout the world.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post