Sabrina Carpenter successfully debuted at the 2024 MTV Video Music Awards (VMA) with her hit song Espresso. Through her new song, Sabrina Carpenter won the main category, namely the Song of the Year category. 

Sabrina managed to beat a number of other famous nominees, starting from Beyonce, Kendrick Lamar, Jack Harlow, Taylor Swift and Post Malone, and Teddy Swims. "Hey, I've never received this award before," Sabrina Carpenter said in her acceptance speech at the 2024 VMAs with a big smile.

"This is really special. The first people I want to thank are the fans. If you clap after everything I said, they're going to call me off the stage, so hang on," Sabrina Carpenter added, also thanking the song's collaborators.

"But I just want to say that you guys are the reason why I can do what I love, and also the reason why we can have fun and share music with each other," she continued. "And I feel so grateful to have the best fans, the best in the world. I know it sounds cheesy, but I love you," the 1999-born musician concluded.

Espresso is the first single from Sabrina Carpenter's latest album titled Short n' Sweet. This song was produced directly by Sabrina Carpenter in collaboration with Amy Allen, Steph Jones, and Julian Bunetta. Bunetta himself acted as producer in developing the song.

Espresso is one of Sabrina Carpenter's songs that gained rapid popularity by peaking at number three on the Billboard Hot 100. This achievement also became the highest for the musician's career since the singer's debut in 2011.

However, on the global stage, the song Espresso successfully sat at the top of the Billboard Global 200, which was Sabrina Carpenter's first achievement. The song has also racked up over a billion streams on Spotify since its release on April 11, 2024. The record is Sabrina Carpenter's first and third-fastest to reach such a milestone on the streaming platform.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post