On Monday Ocotober 14, 2024, comedian Lee Jin Ho personally admitted via his official Instagram that he had been involved in illegal gambling and was in debt to many people. "In 2020, I started playing games on illegal online gambling sites, which led to huge debts. 

After receiving harsh advice from friends and fearing that I would lose the job I loved, I finally realized the seriousness of the situation and was able to stop gambling." However, at that time, Lee Jin Ho already had a lot of debt, "I continued to pay money every month and planned to pay off this debt in full. 

Although the financial loss was significant, I felt the deepest regret for those who trusted me and lent me money." "Every time I receive a call from an unknown number, my heart beats fast, fearing it is related to my debt. 

Every day is a struggle against anxiety about when this situation will become public," he said. After thinking about all the consequences he would face, including the negative impact on his work, Lee Jin Ho chose to be honest with the public. 

"I am very embarrassed and regretful," he admitted. "I sincerely regret the days when I forgot my responsibilities as a public figure and tarnished my reputation with moments of poor judgment.  Even if I cannot be a good role model for others, I will work hard to avoid becoming someone who is criticized."

Lee Jin Ho then promised to pay off the remaining debt and apologized for his actions, "I will fully cooperate with the police investigation and accept the consequences of my actions. I am truly sorry," he concluded. Lee Jin Ho, who was originally scheduled to attend the press conference for Netflix's new variety show Comedy Revenge, has canceled his appearance.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post