BTS' Jimin finally debuted solo by releasing the album FACE. Jimin also set a number of new records through his solo debut. As officially announced by Billboard recently, Jimin has successfully entered the Billboard 200 chart. The chart is a weekly ranking list for the most popular albums in the United States. 

Jimin debuted at number two as a solo artist for the first time. He is also a Korean solo musician in history who managed to occupy a high position on the Billboard 200 chart. Not only that, Jimin also equaled Olivia Rodrigo's record as a debut solo singer who managed to occupy a high position on the Billboard 200. 

It is known that Olivia Rodrigo occupied the first position on the Billboard 200 after debuting with the album Sour. Based on data from Luminate (formerly Nielsen Music), FACE achieved a score equivalent to 164 thousand album sales in the first week ending March 30 2023. The album consisted of 124 physical album sales and 13,500 streams which also equaled 19.51 million playbacks on radio for a week.

Jimin showed a different charm through the release of the solo album FACE on March 24, 2023. Along with the album release, he also released the MV for the song Like Crazy which is the title song. In the process of making the FACE album, Jimin apparently received a lot of help from BTS members. 

Based on an interview with Rolling Stone, he admitted that it was difficult to express the emotions he felt during the pandemic and their busy tour so that BTS members suggested expressing these feelings through music. "It all started with a concert in Las Vegas last year. At that time I was having a hard time expressing my emotions. 

Over drinks and conversations, I told them, 'I don't know if I do well. I don't even know what I'm doing.' But the members said it was okay to feel that way, they then suggested. 'Why not express your emotions through music?'" said Jimin. "So after returning to Korea from America, I met with the producers and started working on this album. 

I'm very grateful to the members who inspired me to work on this album. I didn't know how people would accept my music, but I did it in the end. came out of the 'lost' feeling I had been feeling. I'm fine now, and it's all because of the members," he continued. Meanwhile, Like Crazy is the main song inspired by Jimin's favorite film of the same name. He made this song together with another BTS member, RM .

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post