Some time ago, actor Song Joong Ki finally officially became a father. His wife, Katy Louise Saunders , gave birth to a baby boy in Rome, Italy, on Wednesday June 14, 2023. Recently, Song Jong Ki was invited for an interview with one of the media in China, namely Sina. He expressed his happiness after becoming a father.

"Becoming a father is the biggest event in my life. I have dreamed of being a good father since I was young," said Song Joong Ki as quoted from KBIZoom on Friday, June 16, 2023. In the interview, Song Joong Ki received harsh criticism from netizens after saying that an actor could lose his job after becoming a father.

"In the entertainment world, being a father and a husband also means actors will lose their jobs. It seems that getting married and having a child might slowly make me lose a lot of projects," said Song Joong Ki. He further added, "However, I'm not afraid of that. I don't care about such things. 

Family is always more important than work. But I love my job, and I always fight for myself and my family. I can be a good actor, a good person, a good father, a good husband, and a good son to my parents at the same time." Song Joong Ki's statement immediately became a debate among netizens. 

They don't agree if actors lose their jobs just because they get married and have children. This usually only applies to female actresses. " When do male actors lose their jobs after marriage? " wrote one netizen. " Actresses who take a long break after giving birth never even say that. 

Why would an actor whose job offers have decreased after the birth of his child complain about that? " said another netizen. " Are you speaking for the actresses? " another netizen chimed in. " I think it's harder for actresses after getting married and having babies, " wrote another netizen. " He said he wasn't afraid of losing his job? What's wrong with him? " Another netizen replied. 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post