South Korean actor, Lee Jun Young officially began his military service on July 21, 2026. In a quiet farewell, he said goodbye to fans via social media before entering the Army Training Center to undergo basic training.

His agency, Billion's, announced that the enlistment process would be conducted in person to ensure safety and prevent crowding. Prior to his enlistment, Lee captured the attention of fans by posting photos of himself shaving his hair on social media, reflecting his enthusiasm for his enlistment.

In a handwritten letter he shared last month, Lee revealed his feelings leading up to his enlistment. “I wanted to tell you guys myself, so I decided to leave this message,” he wrote. 

“Before I knew the enlistment date, I kept thinking, ‘There’s nothing to worry about. I’m just enlisting.’ But once the date was set, I started to think more deeply about it.” 

Lee also added, "I will return safely and in good health. I hope you all stay healthy and spend your days happily and meaningfully until we meet again. Thank you for your love and support."

Before leaving, Lee Jun Young left a humorous message through his agency: “Merry Christmas early, and Happy New Year… twice!” This message shows his humorous side even though he is facing a crucial moment in his life. Leading up to his enlistment, Lee still has a busy schedule. 

He recently completed his role in the JTBC drama "Reborn Rookie," which aired until July 5, 2026. His dual roles as Hwang Joon Hyun and Chairman Kang Yong Ho helped the show achieve record-high viewership ratings. 

Fans won't have to wait long to see him back on screen. Prior to his enlistment, Lee also completed filming for tvN's weekend drama "Four Hands," a coming-of-age story about adolescence at an arts school, starring opposite Song Kang as musical genius Choi Jung-yo. 

The drama is slated to premiere on August 29, 2026, giving viewers a chance to enjoy his latest work while he serves his military service. Here is a photos that Lee Jun Young uploaded before starting his military service.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post